Monday, January 23, 2017

Sustainable Fashion: Rothy's Shoes

Greetings!!  
 
 Today I wanted to talk about flats - specifically a new shoe brand (at least to me) based out of San Francisco, CA. These shoes were recently featured in O Magazine (January) as well as in Vogue (August).  These shoes are made from recycled water bottles (what!??!), recycled rubber, and recyclable foam. Meaning they are both beautiful AND eco-friendly.  On top of that, these shoes are also machine washable.  

Needless to say a quick read on this shoe immediately caught my attention!

With a price range of $125-$145 they may be a bit pricey for people - but think about how fast you run through less-expensive flats (...that you can't wash....I'm really in love with this idea).  My flats (average price I pay is appx. $50) usually last just one season and that's if I'm not caught wearing them in a rain storm.

These shoes sound wonderful. I haven't bought a pair yet so I can't personally testify to their wonderfulness but I plan to save up all my pennies in the next couple of months to buy a pair for spring.   If you want to find out more about these shoes and make up your own mind, check out their website at:  https://rothys.com or their Facebook page by searching for Rothy's.

Have an opinion about these shoes? Let me know!

Sew on,

E. Farley